Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ending My Days At Oce Business Services

My company has been what has been described to me as "bleeding" for some time now.  The economy is horrible and we are not getting much business.  Last Thursday I was taken into a room and told my job was being outsourced to the Philippines.  My scheduled last day would be January 27th of next year.  At first I was really upset because I had been trying to go through so many hoops to be promoted from a Project Manager Assistant to a Project Manager.  And now they were telling me I was no longer needed.  Sigh...I wasn't sure what we were going to do.  Rob and I have been praying a lot lately and somehow I didn't really worry about the future.  Of course on that horrible Thursday night I couldn't see how we could possibly survive .  However, both Rob and I felt like we would be ok no matter what happened.  Rob and I both feel really blessed in that so many people have already told me to send them my resume.  That they might have a job opportunity for me.  I think this "outsourcing" is going to benefit Rob and I more then we know.  I feel like the future looks good.  I might just be naive but I think you have too look for whatever good you can find or you will have a very sad life.  Well I am sure you all will be anxious to hear what happens.  I will keep you posted.  These just might be the ending days of working for Oce Business Services!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors