Monday, November 10, 2008

BodyWorlds 3 at The Leonardo

This past Saturday Rob and I went to the BodyWorlds exhibit with my niece and a bunch of our friends. There are no words to describe how amazing the exhibit was. We spent over two hours learning about the body. It was definitely a learning experience for me and my niece. She has a lot of questions. That was the first time she had ever heard the term "abortion". Although it was clearly stated that they don't use aborted babies, lots of people were still talking about it all around us. Wow! How do you explain that to a 13 year old? But I just explained it the best way I knew how and she seemed to understand it a bit better.

They have a room you walk into that has a ton of 50 gallon barrels in it. Did you know the heart pumps about 2,000 gallons of blood in a day? That is crazy! They also showed the heart of a bull, chicken, cat and some other animals. I didn't realize a bull's heart was so massive! It was like as big as a two year old head. One of the coolest things there was a huge camel. Yes they show more then just humans. They slit the camel into three pieces. Yeah I know that sounds a little gross but it was actually really cool.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. I highly recommend it. Check it out with the websites listed below. Oh, one more thing. My sister told my niece we were taking her to this exhibit. They had seen this exhibit advertised in Vegas so my sister told her we were going to one like the one in Vegas. My niece thought that meant we were taking her to Vegas. That was not the case. I guess everyone has a little "Richelle's" in them. :)

The main website is:

http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html

The Salt Lake website is:

http://theleonardo.org/bodyworlds/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors