Saturday, June 13, 2009

No Doubt - Paramore Concert!

Rob and I had the chance to go to a No Doubt - Paramore concert. They played at the ECenter which, in my opion, is a great venue. We also like going to concerts at the Usana Ampa Theater. When we got to the concert I was completely surprised. Our seats were right next to one of my high school friends who I haven't talked to since I graduated. I guess we really needed to get back in touch. It was great to see her. The concert actually had three bands play. The first band was called "The Sound". Rob and I had never heard of them before. They had a pretty good sound but almost every other word was the "F" word so it cheapened their music. Isn't that sad that bands don't have enough imagination to come up with lyrics without a bunch of "F" words? I mean, come on! That was the only lame part of the whole night.

The next band to play was Paramore. For all you Twilight fans out there you know who Paramore is. For those who aren't as addicted to Twilight as I am they are a new band. I'm actually not sure how "new" they are, but I think they really made their break by playing in the Twilight movie. They were very entertaining. I know we would go to a concert if they were the main band playing. They were that good! And I have to admit, I am jealous of Hayley's (main singer chick) hair! I would love to have the guts to dye my hair bright red. Who knows, maybe someday. I'm not sure I could pull it off though. But I think she looks great with red hair. If you get the chance to see Paramore in concert I would highly recommend them. Sometimes Rob and I wonder if we should go to a concert because we really like the music but are afraid of what kind of crowd it would bring. This crowd was good so we were happy about that.

The main and last band to play was No Doubt. No Doubt has been around for a very long time but I didn't really know anything about them until I met Rob. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES No Doubt. They were awesome! Between Paramore and No Doubt I didn't have much of a voice the next day. Gwen (main singer chick) is also very entertaining. She even had a little girl come up on stage with her. Hugged her, took pictures with her, and probably made that little girls year! She also brought her 2 year old son up on stage and had us sing Happy Birthday to him. At first he had sound proof head phones on and when Gwen took them off so he could hear us singing I think it was too loud for him because he wanted her to put them right back on. He is super cute. And man, Gwen doesn't look like she has any kids. She is in great shape. The only really strange part was the drummer. He was freakin' me out. For the last few songs he came out in a tutu. That's right a pink tutu. I have heard it takes a REAL man to wear pink but that is taking it the extreme! Rob and I try to be open minded but that was just a little too weird for me. Overall the concert was excellent and we will definately go again if we have the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors