Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

Earlier this year I told Rob I didn't want to do a Christmas tree this year because we are remodeling our basement and everything from down there is upstairs.  I already feel like it's too crowded upstairs.  However, once I saw all the other Christmas trees going up and started to get into the Christmas spirit I decided we should do a "small" tree.
We have been getting a live tree for the past three or so years and I love the tradition.  Once we got to the tree place, we ended up with a bigger tree then I had imagined.  However, it fits ok in our front room.  So I guess it all worked out.  I wanted to share our tree with you for those who will not have a chance to see it in person.


The girls camp theme for this past summer was Christmas so I made stockings for all the girls with their names on them.  As well as making stockings for the leaders who came to camp.  I had a couple of extras so I decided to make Rob one for Christmas.  They don't really match each other, and they aren't the ones I would pick, but I think they turned out good.


I also thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite ornaments with you this year!  Rob and I buy each other an ornament every year and I think it's a fun tradition.  Some of the ornaments are a bit crazy but I think it just shows our personality and what we think the other person would like.


My grandmother gave me the grandma making cookies years ago.  She passed away and when I pulled this ornament out it made me miss her.  She was the best!

Merry Christmas Everyone!  Enjoy the holidays!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors