Thursday, November 18, 2010

Canning


I was really bummed about having to throw out most of our food storage after it was exposed to high volumes of mold.  So I promised myself I would immediately start to replenish our supply.  In August Rob's buddy from high school had connections to get 40 lb boxes of apples for $10!  We jumped at the chance.  We then canned for the next two weeks or so.  I am just now starting to even look at apples again.  Haha!  This was a major blessing.  Last year Rob's mom helped us make apple pie filling that was awesome.  We wanted to do that again this year.  However, we added cranberries to the recipe.  You have to understand that Rob is an amazing cook and often likes to add things to an existing recipe.  Which usually works out more amazing than the original!  This was no exception.  The pie filling is amazing!  We haven't actually made pie yet but it is super yummy on oatmeal waffles!  Mmmm I need to make some oatmeal waffles now.  Anyway, I can't remember how many cans we filled but our food storage supply is slowing building back up.  It feels good to be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors